The Commission is a Disability Confident employer.
Disability Confident is a government scheme designed to encourage employers to recruit and retain disabled people and those with health conditions. The Disability Confident scheme has taken over from the previous Two Ticks Positive about Disabled People scheme.
As a Disability Confident Employer (Stage 2) we:
- have undertaken and successfully completed the Disability Confident self-assessment;
- are taking all of the core actions to be a Disability Confident employer;*
- are offering at least one activity to get the right people for our business and at least one activity to keep and develop our people.
* As a Disability Confident Committed Employer (Stage 1) we have committed to:
- ensure our recruitment process is inclusive and accessible;
- communicate and promote vacancies through a range of channels to reach disabled people;
- offer an interview to disabled people;
- anticipate and provide reasonable adjustments as required;
- support any existing employee who acquires a disability or long term health condition, enabling them to stay in work; and
- at least one activity that will make a difference for disabled people.