Are you involved in Historic Environment and Climate Change related work in Wales?
Take part in our Historic Environment and Climate Change Adaptation Activity Survey for 2021!
- We are keen to hear examples of relevant activity that you are involved in or know about.
- This is a valuable opportunity to contribute to the future management of our historic environment.
- The results of this consultation will help us to prepare a report in Spring 2022 for Welsh Government which will be distributed across the Historic Environment Sector later in the year.
- The consultation documents and link to contribute evidence of activities are available from https://cadw.gov.wales/advice-support/climate-change/climate-change-adaptation-activity-survey
- The consultation will close at 14:00 on 18 February 2022.
In February 2020 the Historic Environment Group (HEG) published the Historic Environment and Climate Change in Wales Sector Adaptation Plan (SAP available here) to help raise awareness of the risks and opportunities of climate change for the historic environment of Wales and the need for adaptation. In Section 6 of the SAP there are a series of headline actions with intended outputs and outcomes for the historic environment.
We are now at the Year 2 ‘interim report of activity’ stage of the 5-year SAP Monitoring and Evaluation Framework cycle (available here). The HEG Climate Change Subgroup have therefore launched their consultation to gather evidence of adaptation activity relevant to the historic environment in Wales, undertaken during 2021. This will help us to evaluate progress against the published actions and to identify gaps and priority areas that require further attention.
Thank you, on behalf of the HEG Climate Change Subgroup.
Apologies, have only just seen this… is it too late to contribute?
Unfortunately the consultation closed at 14:00 on 18 February 2022, try contacting the Cherish Project team to see if you can still contribute in some way.