Royal Commission Archive & Library Bulletin of Newly Catalogued Material – August 2017

Welcome to the latest monthly edition of the National Monuments Record of Wales (NMRW) Archives and Library Bulletin which lists all newly catalogued material. The archival items, library books and journal articles are all available to view in our public reading room. The full archive catalogue is available on Coflein and contains digital copies of many of the items listed. All publications may be found on our online Library Catalogue.

Our Library and reading room is open:
Monday – Friday 09.30 – 16.00,
Wednesday 10.30 – 16.30.
An appointment is advisable.

Clyro Court Farm Gateway

Clyro Court Farm Gateway
NPRN: 22730 C.422475 Ref. No. DI2006_1579

Archives

David John Saer Album: Ref. No. DJSA
More newly catalogued digital images of views of Aberystwyth and District, copied from a photograph album created by David John Saer of Aberystwyth. The album forms part of the ongoing research work of the Penparcau History and Heritage Group.
Covering dates: c.1910

National Buildings Record Postcard Collection: Ref. No. NBRP
Postcards relating to:

  • Hawarden Castle: NPRN: 35877
  • St. Deiniol’s Church, Hawarden: NPRN 310514

Negative Collection
Coed Mawr, Merioneth: NPRN 28288

Erw Domi, Porth-y-Rhyd, Carmarthenshire: NPRN 17317

Hafod Yspyty, Llan Ffestiniog, Merioneth: NPRN 28478

Llannerch-y-Cawr, Llanwrthwl: NPRN 25784

Lluest Farm, Llanbadarn Fawr: NPRN 31518

Northop Hall Farmhouse / Llyseurgain, Northop: NPRN 36055

Pentrehobyn Hall, Padeswood: NPRN 36117

Rhual Cruck Barn: NPRN 37429

Waen Farm, Flintshire: NPRN 308049

NMR Site Files
Black & white prints relating to:

  • Aberystwyth Castle excavation, c.1978-2000: NPRN 86
  • Ocean Deep Navigation Colliery complex, Treharris, 1991: NPRN 80489

Percy Thomas Archive: Ref. No. PTA01/09
Sixteen black and white photographs relating to the British Nylon Spinners at Pontypool (now ICI)
Covering dates: n.d.

RCAHMW General Scanned Image Collection: Ref. No. RGS2017_01
Digital copies of four photographs showing Carnau, Penuwch; loaned for copying by Oksana Hucul.
Covering dates: c.1979

Double Fairlie loco 'Dafydd Lloyd George' at Tan-y-bwlch Station, Ffestiniog Railway, 2009

Double Fairlie loco ‘Dafydd Lloyd George’ at Tan-y-bwlch Station, Ffestiniog Railway, 2009
NPRN: 404322 C.550594 Ref. No. DS2011_507_002

 

Books

Association for Industrial Archaeology. [Unknown date]. The Tramway in Powys: Hay. [Unknown Place: Publisher].

Care, Rev. C. R. 1951. Through the Years. Cardiff: Koda Press.

Charlton, John. 1979. Brougham Castle, Westmorland. Edinburgh: Department of the Environment; Ancient Monuments and Historic Buildings.

Clark, Duncan. 1949. Colchester Castle: A Brief Guide. Colchester: Museum Committee of the Town Council of the Borough of Colchester.

Colvin, H. M. 1968. Castles and Government in Tudor England. Printed from The English Historical Review, No.327. London: Longmans, Green and Company Limited and Contributors.  Pp.225-234.

Crisp, John. [Unknown date] A Tour of the Church: Parish Church of S. S. Peter and Paul: Newport Pagnell, Buckinghamshire. Newport Pagnell: Lovat Press.

Curtis, Roger and Historic Scotland. 2007. Ceramic Tiled Flooring: Inform: Information for Historical Building Owners. Edinburgh: Technical Conservation, Research and Education Group.

Drage, Christopher. 1981. Nottingham Castle: The Gatehouse of the Outer Bailey. Reprinted from the Transactions of the Thoroton Society of Nottinghamshire. Nottingham: The Thoroton Society of Nottinghamshire. Pp.48-55

Elis-Gruffydd, Dyfed. 2017. Y Preselau : gwlad hud a lledrith. Llandysul: Gwasg Gomer.

Forestry Commission West Wales, Naturalist Trust. Ystwyth Forest: Black Covert Forest Walk and Coad Allt Fedw Butterfly Reserve. [Unknown date] Aberystwyth: Forestry Commission West Wales, Naturalist Trust.

Fox, Sir Cyril. 1946. A Find of the Early Iron Age from Llyn Cerrig Bach, Anglesey. Cardiff: National Museum of Wales.

Jones, G. D. B and Lewis, P. R. 1971. The Roman Gold Mines at Dolaucothi. Abergwili: Carmarthen County Museum.

Kenyon, Kathleen M.  1954. Excavations at Sutton Walls, Herefordshire: 1948-1951. London: Royal Archaeological Institute of Great Britain and Ireland.

King, D. J. Cathcart. 1972. The Field Archaeology of Mottes in England and Wales: Eine Kurze Ubersicht. (Off-print from Chateau Gaillard, Etudes de Castellologie Medievale, Vol. 5).  Unknown: Chateau Gaillard.

Langshaw, Arthur. 1947. A Guide to Clitheroe Castle. Clitheroe: Ribble Valley Borough Castle.

Marsden, P. R. V. 1963. A Ship of the Roman Period, from Blackfriars, in the City of London. Guildhall, London: Guildhall Museum.

Peer, Charles. 1936. Berkhampstead Castle: Official Guide. London: His Majesty’s Stationary Office.

Portmeirion  Ltd. [Unknown date] Portmeirion: Hotel and Village. Porthmadog: Snowdonia Press.

Portmeirion Ltd. 1984. A Map of the Portmeirion Village and Peninsula. Portmeirion: Portmeirion Ltd.

Renn, D. F. 1983. Canterbury Castle: A Case Study. Caen. (Off-print from Chateau Gaillard, Vol. 11, pp. 253-255).

Tatton-Brown, Tim. 1982. Interim Report on Excavations in 1982, by the Canterbury Archaeological Trust. Canterbury: Canterbury Archaeological Trust.

Tucker, Norman. 1950. Plas Mawr, Conway: Headquarters of the Royal Cambrian Academy of Art. Bangor: Sackville Printing Works.

Wales Tourist Board. 1980. Wales: Castles and Historic Places. Cardiff: Wales Tourist Board.

West Glamorgan County Council. [Unknown date]  Margam Park. Unknown: West Glamorgan County Council.

Wilson-North, W. R. 1991. Bampton Castle: An Earthwork Survey by the Royal Commission on the Historical Monuments of England. (Off-print from Devon Archaeological Society Proceedings. No.49, pp.115-119). Exeter: Devon Archaeological Society.

 

Journals

Almanack – The Charles Close Society (2017)

Archaeology for All – Council for British Archaeology (August 2017), e:journal.

Archaeology Ireland No.119 (Spring 2017)

Archaeology Ireland No.120 (Summer 2017)

British Archaeology No.156 (Sept/Oct 2017)

Chartered Institute for Archaeologists Yearbook and Directory (2017)

Church Monuments No.31 (2016)

Current Archaeology No.330 (Sept 2017)

Current World Archaeology No.84 (Aug/Sep 2017)

Denbighshire Historical Society Transactions Vol.65 (2017)

Domestic Buildings Research Group Surrey No.136 (June 2017)

Insitution of Civil Engineers Panel for Historical Engineering Works Newsletter No.154 (June 2017)

The Montgomeryshire Collections Vol. 105 (2017)

PenCambria The Magazine of Mid-Wales No.35 (Summer 2017)

Planet No.227 (Autumn 2017)

Post-Medieval Achaeology Vol.50, Part 2 (2016)

Post-Medieval Achaeology Vol.50, Part 3 (2016)

Sheetlines – The Journal of The Charles Close Society No.109 (August 2017)

 

Journals: Current Awareness

PenCambria: The Magazine of Mid-Wales No.35 (Summer 2017) P.40-42 Royal Commission on the Ancient and Historic Monuments of Wales. European Travellers Project and The List of Historic Place Names of Wales.

 

Contact us

If you have any comments or enquiries, please feel free to contact us:
NMRW Library and Enquiries Service
Royal Commission on the Ancient and Historical Monuments of Wales
Penglais Road
Aberystwyth
Ceredigion SY23 3BU

Telephone: +44 (0)1970 621200
Fax: +44 (0)1970 627701
Email: nmr.wales@rcahmw.gov.uk
Website: rcahmw.gov.uk

Croesewir gohebiaeth yn y Gymraeg a’r Saesneg | Correspondence welcomed in Welsh and English

08/31/2017

Leave a Reply

avatar

STAY UP TO DATE WITH HERITAGE NEWS IN WALES

Join the e-mailing list to receive regular updates.. It's free!

Latest tweets