Royal Commission Archive & Library Bulletin of Newly Catalogued Material – August 2022
Welcome to the latest monthly edition of the National Monuments Record of Wales (NMRW) Archives and Library Bulletin which lists all newly catalogued material. The archival items, library books and journal articles are all available to view in our public reading room. The full archive catalogue is available on Coflein and contains digital copies of many of the items listed. All publications may be found on our online Library Catalogue.
Our Library and reading room is open:
We are open Monday, Tuesday and Thursday 9:30 – 16:00, Wednesday 10:30-16:30
An appointment is advisable.
Archive items have been added to the following collections in the past month:
- Investigators Digital Photography
- Investigators’ UAV Survey
- MDCP – Martin Davies Church Plans Collection
- CPATP – Clwyd-Powys Archaeological Trust Project Archives
- RCAHMW Colour Oblique Digital Aerial Photographs
- RSA – Richard Suggett Archive
- GATP – Gwynedd Archaeological Trust Projects Archive
- CHERISH Project Archive
Many of these items are hard copy, including large scale plans, photographs and reports, and are available to view in our searchroom in Aberystwyth; others are digital and can be viewed on our online catalogue Coflein.
Now catalogued and available on Coflein:
All our books and journals can be found on the Royal Commission’s Library Catalogue and viewed in our Library and Search Room.
- How, Chris. 2022. Historic French Nails, Screws and Fixings: Tools and Techniques. England: Tools and Trades History Society.
- Lewis, David. 2022. The Rhys, Rice and Dinefwr families of Dinefwr Castle and Newton House. Carmarthenshire: T R Lewis.
- Stifter, David. 2022. Ogam: language, writing, epigaraphy. Zaragoza: Prensas Universitarias de Zaragoza.
- The Antiquaries Journal Volume 101 (2021).
- Antiquity Volume 96 (Numbers 385-388, February – August 2022).
- Architects’ Journal Volumes 249 (Part 07, 14/07/2022 and Part 08, 25/08/2022).
- Architects’ Journal Specification Volumes July (2022) and August (2022).
- Archive: The Quarterly Journal for British Industrial and Transport History Volume 115 (September 2022).
- British Archaeology Volume 186 (September/October 2022).
- C20 Volume 1 (2022).
- Chapels Society Newsletter Volume 81 (August 2022).
- Domestic Buildings Research Group News Volume 151 (June 2022).
- Essex Historic Buildings Group Newsletter Volume 6 (September 2022).
- Heritage Now: The Magazine of Historic Buildings & Places Volume 2 (Summer 2022).
- Historic Churches Volume 29 (2022).
- Maplines: The Magazine of The British Cartographic Society (Summer 2022).
- Past: The Newsletter of the Prehistoric Society Volume 101 (Summer 2022).
- Railway and Canal Historical Society Bulletin Volume 498 (July 2022).
- Railway and Canal Historical Society Journal Volume 244 (July 2022).
- The Railway Magazine Volumes 1426 January – 1437 December (2020).
- Sheetlines Volume 124 (Summer 2022).
- Talyllyn News Volumes 265 March – 274 June.
- Tijdschrift van de Rijksdienst voor het Cultureel Erfgoed Volume 3 (2022).
- Tools and Trades Volume 152 (Summer 2022).
- Vernacular Architecture Group Newsletter Volume 83 (July 2022).
- The Welsh History Review – Cylchgrawn Hanes Cymru Volume 31 (June 2022).
- Welsh Mills Society Newsletter Volume 148 (July 2022).
- Welsh Railways Archive Volume VII, No. 5 (May 2022).
- Welsh Railways Research Circle Newsletter Volume 170 (Summer 2022).
Journals: Current Awareness
- C20 Volume 1 (2022) p. 14 C20 Cymru chair Susan Fielding charts a year of Welsh heritage campaigns; In brief News from Wales; p. 44 Senedd building needs listing.
- Past: the newsletter of the Prehistoric Society Volume 100 (Spring 2022) p.14-15, Examining Neolithic mortuary treatment in caves: Ogof Colomendy, North Wales, Eirini Konstantinidi.
- Railway & Canal Historical Society Journal Volume 40 (Part 8, No. 244, July 2022), p.461, Before the railways: the early steamers of Cardiganshire, M R Cannop Price.
If you have any comments or enquiries, please feel free to contact us:
NMRW Library and Enquiries Service
Royal Commission on the Ancient and Historical Monuments of Wales
Ceredigion SY23 3BU
Croesewir gohebiaeth yn y Gymraeg a’r Saesneg | Correspondence welcomed in Welsh and English