Royal Commission Archive & Library Bulletin of Newly Catalogued Material – August – October 2020
In light of both the Coronavirus outbreak and the migration of our records to a new digital platform we are presently unable to share our list of newly catalogued archive material with you. Please scroll down to view recent acquisitions to our Library.
All our books and journals can be found on the Royal Commission’s Library Catalogue and viewed in our Library and Search Room.
Evans, Shaun. 2017. The Lloyd Family of Pentrehobyn, Flintshire. Mold: Pentrhobyn Estate Publication.
- AJ Specification June, July and September (2020).
- Ancient Monuments Society/Friends of Friendless Churches Newsletter Part 2 (Summer 2020).
- Archaeologia Cambrensis Volume 169 (2020).
- Architects’ Journal Volume 247 (Parts 10, 11, 12 and 13, 2020).
- Association for Studies in the Conservation of Historic Buildings Transactions Volume 42 (2020).
- British Archaeology Volume 174 (September/October 2020).
- Caerdroia Volume 49 (2020).
- Casemate Volume 118 (July 2020 Extra).
- Current Archaeology Volumes 362 (May 2020) to 367 (October 2020).
- Current World Archaeology Volumes 101 (June/July 2020) and 102 (August/September 2020).
- Essex Historic Buildings Group Newsletter Volume 2 (February 2020) and Volume 5 (September 2020).
- Georgian Volume 1 (Spring 2020).
- Georgian Group Journal Volume 28 (2020).
- Heritage in Wales/ Etifeddiaeth y Cymry Volume 70 (Summer, 2020).
- Landscapes Volume 19 (Number 2, December 2020).
- Maplines Summer (2020).
- Mausolus Summer (2020).
- Morgannwg Volume 63 (2019).
- Past Volume 93 (Autumn 2019).
- Railway and Canal Historical Society Bulletin Volume 286 (July 2020), 287 (September 2020).
- Railway and Canal Historical Society Journal Volume 40 (Part 2, Number 238, July 2020).
- Sheetlines Volume 118 (August 2020).
- The Victorian Volume 64 (July 2020).
- Welsh Railways Research Circle Volume 163 (Summer 2020).
Journals: Current Awareness
Ancient Monuments Society/Friends of Friendless Churches Newsletter Part 2 (Summer 2020) p. 16-18 Tales from Friends Churches – the churchyard at Llanfrothen, Gwynedd; Penmorfa Church; St Cadoc’s Llangattock-Vibon-Avel, Monmouthshire. P.30 Threatened Places of Worship – St Cattwg, Llanspyddid; St George, St George super Ely; St Michael, Llanrug; St Beuno, Botwnog; St Paul, Dolfor; St Ffraid, Glyn Ceiriog; Llanfihangel Glyn Myfyr, Corwen; Ebenezer Community Centre, Cefn Mawr. P31-32 Capel Moriah, Llanbedr is to be converted to a mosque; St Andrew and St Teilo, Cathays, Cardiff is to reopen as an Evangelical church once alterations to the building have been made.
The Georgian Volume 1 (Spring 2020) p.5-6 Proposed demolition of Priory House, Cardigan. P.23 Casework: 1 Clydach Street, Llandudno; The Barn, Ffordd Pentre Bach, Nercwys; Plas Ty Coch, Gwel y Fenai, Bangor Road, Caernarfon.
Railway and Canal Historical Society Journal Volume 40 (Part 2, Number 238, July 2020) pp 93–109. The narrow guage in Pembrokeshire, M.R. Connop Price.
The Victorian Volume 64 (July 2020) p.20-21 Casework: Hafod Arms, Devil’s Bridge; Llandudno Board School.
Our public search room is presently closed but our Enquiry Team is continuing to answer enquiries. Due to the safety precautions we are abiding by to protect our staff from Covid 19, there may be a longer wait than usual for us to access archive material on your behalf. We will, however, endeavour to assist you with your research as quickly as possible.
If you have any comments or enquiries, please feel free to contact us:
NMRW Library and Enquiries Service
Royal Commission on the Ancient and Historical Monuments of Wales
Ceredigion SY23 3BU
Telephone: +44 (0)1970 621200
Fax: +44 (0)1970 627701
Croesewir gohebiaeth yn y Gymraeg a’r Saesneg | Correspondence welcomed in Welsh and English