Royal Commission Archive & Library Bulletin of Newly Catalogued Material – December 2017
The Library & Enquiry Service will be closed:
8 – 12 January 2018
We apologise for any inconvenience
Welcome to the latest monthly edition of the National Monuments Record of Wales (NMRW) Archives and Library Bulletin which lists all newly catalogued material. The archival items, library books and journal articles are all available to view in our public reading room. The full archive catalogue is available on Coflein and contains digital copies of many of the items listed. All publications may be found on our online Library Catalogue.
Our Library and reading room is open:
Monday – Friday 09.30 – 16.00,
Wednesday 10.30 – 16.30.
An appointment is advisable.
Bontgoch Water Treatment Works Drawings: Ref. No. BWTW
Measured schematic drawings produced by Paterson Candy International Limited for the new water treatment works at Bontgoch, Ceredigion
Covering dates: 1964-1966
Dyfed Archaeological Trust Aerial Photography Collection: Ref. No. DATAP
Set of photographic negatives of aerial photography produced by Dyfed Archaeological Trust; accompanied by contact prints and scanned copies with relevant metadata
Covering dates: 1987-1995
Eurwyn Wiliam Collection: Ref. No. EWC
Survey notes drawings and photos relating to buildings in Usk, produced by Eurwyn Wiliam
Covering dates: 1970-1971
Headland Archaeology Projects Archive: Ref. No. HAP
Archive records relating to projects at:
- Land off Heol Sant Cattwg, Llanspyddid, 2008-2016: Ref. No. HAP013
- Hay on Wye Primary School, Powys, 2016: Ref. No. HAP014
- Land off Llantrisant Road, Radyr, Cardiff, 2015-2017: Ref. No. HAP015
- Land off B4393, Four Crosses, Llanymynech, Powys, 2015-2017: Ref. No. HAP016
- Elan Valley Aqueduct: Bleddfa Conduit, 2014-2017: Ref. No. HAP017
- Radyr Weir, Cardiff, 2015-2016: Ref. No. HAP018
- Elan Valley Aqueduct: Nantmel Conduit Rehabilitation, 2014-2016: Ref. No. HAP019
- Old Gwernyfed, Brecon, 2014-2016: Ref. No. HAP020
Islwyn Jones Chapels Collection: Ref. No. IJ
Black and white prints relating to various chapels in Wales
Covering dates: 1994-1995
John Sorrell Collection: Ref. No. JSC
Aerial photographs of various sites and buildings in Wales, taken by John Sorrell
Covering dates: 1995-2017
NMR Site Files
Black and white prints relating to:
- Glamorganshire Canal: NPRN 34425
- Retaining wall near Aberfan for the Glamorganshire Canal., 1978: NPRN 91528
- Pont-y-Dderwen bridge over the Glamorganshire Canal: NPRN 34435
- Detail, and views, from north and south of former aqueduct, Cynon Star aqueduct, 1947: NPRN 34428
- Details of iron lattice on the towing path bridge on overflow to Melingriffith Works feeder, 1975: NPRN 34430
RCAHMW Uplands Initiative
- Llyn Brianne Survey Archive, 2007: Ref. No. LB2007
- Nant y Moch and Pumlimon Fawr, 2005: Ref. No. PU2005
- Yr Aran Archaeological Survey, 2011: Ref. No. YA2011
- Berwyn North (E), 2007: Ref. No. BNE2006
- Nantlle to Beddgelert Survey Area. North Wales, 2005-2006: Ref. No. NBN2006
- Moel y Llyn Uplands Survey, 2009: Ref. No. MYL2009
- Penllyn East, 2011: Ref. No. PE2010
- Body, Geoffrey. 1983. Railways of the Great Western. P. Stephens: Cambridge.
- Gagg, John. 1996. Canals. Claremont: London.
- Harvey, John. 2000. Miner-artists : the art of Welsh coal workers. Llyfrgell Genedlaethol Cymru: Aberystwyth.
- Nock, O.S. 1982. Great Western in colour. Blandford Press: Poole[Eng.].
- Nock, O.S. 1985. A history of the LMS: Vol 1. The first years, 1923- 1930. B.C.A.: London.
- Nock, O.S. 1985. A history of the LMS: Vol 2. The record-breaking ‘Thirties, 1931-39. B.C.A.: London.
- Nock, O.S. 1985. A history of the LMS: Vol 3. The war years and nationalisation, 1939 -48. B.C.A.: London.
- Prideaux, J.D.C.A. 1982. The Welsh narrow gauge railway: a pictorial history. David & Charles: Newton Abbot.
- Semmens, Peter. 1986. A history of the Great Western railway: Vol.1 Consolidation, 1923-29. Book Club Associates: London.
- Semmens, Peter. 1986. A history of the Great Western railway: Vol.1, The Thirties, 1930-39. Book Club Associates: London.
- Semmens, Peter. 1986. A history of the Great Western railway: Vol.3, Wartime and the final years, 1939-48. Book Club Associates: London.
- Simmons, Jack[ed.]. 1975. Rail 150: the Stockton & Darlington railway and what followed. Eyre Methuen: London.
- Simmons, Jack. 1968. The railways of Britain: an historical introduction. Macmillan: London.
- Whitehouse, P.B. 1969. Welsh narrow gauge album. Ian Allan: Shepperton.
- Williams, Alfred. 1984. Life in a railway factory. Alan Sutton: Gloucester.
- Ancient Monuments Society Newsletter Part 3 (Autumn 2017)
- Below – Journal of the Shrophire Caving and mining club No.2017.4 (Winter 2017)
- Britannia – Journal of Romano-British Studies Vol.48 (2017)
- Current British Archaeology No.158 (Jan/Feb 2018)
- Current World Archaeology No.85 (Oct/Nov 2017)
- Current World Archaeology No.86 (Dec/Jan 2017/8)
- Sheetlines – The Journal of the Charles Close Society No.110 (Dec 2017)
- The Society for the Protection of Ancient Buildings Magazine (Winter 2017)
- The Welsh History Review Vol.28 No.4 (Dec 2017)
- Welsh Mines Society Newsletter 77 (Autumn 2017)
If you have any comments or enquiries, please feel free to contact us:
NMRW Library and Enquiries Service
Royal Commission on the Ancient and Historical Monuments of Wales
Ceredigion SY23 3BU
Croesewir gohebiaeth yn y Gymraeg a’r Saesneg | Correspondence welcomed in Welsh and English