Royal Commission Archive & Library Bulletin of Newly Catalogued Material – February 2018
Welcome to the latest monthly edition of the National Monuments Record of Wales (NMRW) Archives and Library Bulletin which lists all newly catalogued material. The archival items, library books and journal articles are all available to view in our public reading room. The full archive catalogue is available on Coflein and contains digital copies of many of the items listed. All publications may be found on our online Library Catalogue.
Our Library and reading room is open:
Monday – Friday 09.30 – 16.00,
Wednesday 10.30 – 16.30.
An appointment is advisable.
Archaeological Perspectives Analysis Consultancy (A.P.A.C. Ltd)
Digital records relating to archaeological investigations at:
- 3 King Street, Brynmawr, 2014: Ref. No. APAC_063
- 9-10 Upper Church Street, Chepstow, 2014: Ref. No. APAC_064
- 10 Bank Street, Chepstow, 2013: Ref. No. APAC_065
- 29 High Street, Crickhowell, 2014: Ref. No. APAC_066
- 45 St Tathan’s Place, Caerwent, 2014: Ref. No. APAC_067
- 51 Maryport Street, Usk, 2014: Ref. No. APAC_068
- Anchor Inn, Tintern, 2013: Ref. No. APAC_069
- Angidy Ironworks, Tintern , 2011: Ref. No. APAC_070
- Angidy Ironworks, Tintern , 2009: Ref. No. APAC_071
- Angidy Ironworks, Tintern, 2011: Ref. No. APAC_072
- Barns at Pen y Clawdd, Llanfihangel Crucorney, Abergavenny , 2014: Ref. No. APAC_073
- Bear Hotel Car Park, North Road, Cowbridge, 2013: Ref. No. APAC_074
- Bedwellty House, Tredegar , 2010: Ref. No. APAC_075
- Bedwellty House, Tredegar , 2010: Ref. No. APAC_076
- Bedwellty House, Tredegar , 2010: Ref. No. APAC_077
- Bedwellty House, Tredegar , 2010: Ref. No. APAC_078
- Brook Farm Barn, Mamhilad, 2014: Ref. No. APAC_079
- Brook Farm Barn, Mamhilad, 2014: Ref. No. APAC_080
- Buckwell Farm, Usk, 2014: Ref. No. APAC_081
A. Rothwell Collection: Ref. No. AR
Set of glass plates showing images of Conwy Bridge and Fairy Falls, Trefriw; taken by Manchester-based amateur photographer A. Rothwell
Covering dates: 1890-1910
CHERISH Project Archive
Surveys relating to the CHERISH project
- Pen Dinas Hillfort and the Wellington Monument: DJI drone photo survey, 2017: Ref. No. CH2018_001
- Wreck of the Albion: baseline aerial reconnaissance survey, 2017: Ref. No. CH2018_002
- American war of Independence Redan, Neyland: baseline aerial reconnaissance survey, 2017: Ref. No. CH2018_003
Investigators’ Digital Photography
Digital images, taken by RCAHMW in 2018, relating to:
- Llanafan Roman Find Site: Fieldwork: Ref. No. DS2018_008
- Abereiddy Village: Baseline aerial reconnaissance survey for the CHERISH Project: Ref. No. DS2018_009
Jackson-Stops Sales Particulars: Ref. No. JSS
Sales particulars relating to various properties in Wales
Covering dates: 1935-1965
Black and white negatives showing views of:
- Slipways at the Old Royal Dockyard, Pembroke Dock; taken by RCAHMW, 2018: NPRN 34318
Paul R. Davis Collection: Ref. No. PRD
Digital images relating to various properties in Wales
Covering dates: 1991-2017
Peter M. Reid Collection: Ref. No. PMR
Material relating to country houses in Wales
Covering dates: 1965-1990
- Parkgate Books. 1997. British coastal life: A photographic record. Parkgate Books: London.
- Champion, Matthew. 2015. Medieval graffiti: the lost voices of England’s churches. Ebury Press: London.
- Davies, Terry. 2009. Borth: a maritime history. Llygad Gwalch: Llanrwst.
- Easdown, Martin and Thomas, Darlah. 2010. Piers of Wales. Amberley: Stroud.
- Gladwell, Andrew. 2012. North Wales pleasure steamers. Amberley: Stroud.
- Henley, Georgia and McMullen, A. Joseph [Editors]. 2018. Gerald of Wales : new perspectives on a medieval writer and critic. University of Wales Press: Cardiff.
- Hubbard, Edward and Shippobottom, Michael. 1988. A guide to Port Sunlight village including two tours of the village. Liverpool University Press: Liverpool.
- Hutton, John. 2008. An illustrated history of Cardiff docks. Vol. 1: Bute West, Bute East and Roath dock. Silver Link: Kettering .
- Hutton, John. 2008. An illustrated history of Cardiff docks. Vol. 2: Queen Alexandra dock, entrance channel and Mountstuart dry dock. Silver Link: Kettering.
- Hutton, John. 2009. An illustrated history of Cardiff docks. Vol. 3: the Cardiff Railway Company and the docks at war. Silver Link: Kettering .
- Kinross, John. 1973. Discovering castles in England and Wales. Shire Publications: Aylesbury.
- Lewis,E.T. 1972. Mynachlog-ddu: a guide to its antiquities.E.T. Lewis: Clunderwen, Pembs.
- Owen, D. Huw. 2012. The chapels of Wales. Seren: Bridgend.
- Measham, Terry. 1978.Castell Coch and William Burges. Welsh Office/D.O.E: London.
- Moore-Colyer, Richard. 2011. Farming in Wales 1936-2011 : 75 years of the Farm Business Survey. Y Llofa: Talybont.
- Rimer, Graeme. 2018. The Gwydir helm. Graeme Rimer, 2018.
- Skinner, Patricia [editor]. 2018. Welsh and the medieval world : travel, migration and exile. University of Wales Press: Cardiff.
- Stevens, Catrin. 2017. Voices from the factory floor: the experiences of women who worked in the manufacturing industries in Wales, 1945-75. Amberley: Stroud.
- Williams, Mari A. 2002. A forgotten army: the female munitions workers of South Wales, 1939-1945. University of Wales Press: Cardiff.
- Archaeology Irealand Issue.122 Vol.31 No.4
- British Archaeology (March/April 2018)
- The Chapels Society Newsletter 67 (January 2018)
- Council for British Archaeology Newsletter Issue.42 (Feb to May 2018)
- Current Archaeology Issue.335 (Feb 2018)
- Current Archaeology Issue.336 (March 2018)
- Current World Archaeology Issue.87 Vol.8 No.3 (Feb/Mar 2018)
- Fort Vol.45 (2017)
- Institution of Civil Engineers Newsletter No.156 (December 2017)
- Planet: The Welsh Internationalist Issue.229 (Spring 2018)
- Post-Medieval Archaeology Vol.51 Part.1 (2017)
- Post-Medieval Archaeology Vol.51 Part.2 (2017)
- Post-Medieval Archaeology Vol.51 Part.3 (2017)
If you have any comments or enquiries, please feel free to contact us:
NMRW Library and Enquiries Service
Royal Commission on the Ancient and Historical Monuments of Wales
Ceredigion SY23 3BU
Telephone: +44 (0)1970 621200
Fax: +44 (0)1970 627701
Croesewir gohebiaeth yn y Gymraeg a’r Saesneg | Correspondence welcomed in Welsh and English