Tor Glas Trackway I     NPRN 24651     BBE2008_460     C.854491

Royal Commission Archive & Library Bulletin of Newly Catalogued Material – November 2017

The Library & Enquiry Service will be closed:
8 December, 13.00 – 16.00
25 December 2017 – 1 January 2018
8 – 12 January 2018

We apologise for any inconvenience

Welcome to the latest monthly edition of the National Monuments Record of Wales (NMRW) Archives and Library Bulletin which lists all newly catalogued material. The archival items, library books and journal articles are all available to view in our public reading room. The full archive catalogue is available on Coflein and contains digital copies of many of the items listed. All publications may be found on our online Library Catalogue.

Our Library and reading room is open:
Monday – Friday 09.30 – 16.00,
Wednesday 10.30 – 16.30.
An appointment is advisable.

 

Archives

Archaeological Perspectives Analysis Consultancy (A.P.A.C. Ltd): Ref. No. APAC
Digital records relating to archaeological activities at:

  • The Nook, Magor, 2016.: Ref. No. APAC_003
  • 1 Cross Brook Cottages, Trefil, Tredegar, 2016: Ref. No. APAC_004
  • 21-23 Nevill Street, Abergavenny, 2016: Ref. No. APAC_005
  • 27 Kingsmark Lane, Chepstow, 2015: Ref. No. APAC_006
  • 34 Clawdd Du, Monmouth, 2015: Ref. No. APAC_007
  • 43 Cross Street, Abergavenny, 2016: Ref. No. APAC_008
  • 43 Drybridge Street, Monmouth, 2016: Ref. No. APAC_ 009
  • St Faith’s Church, Llanfoist, 2015: Ref. No. APAC_010
  • Bethlehem Congregational Church, Broad Street, Blaenavon, 2016: Ref. No. APAC_011
  • Big Barn and Milking Parlour, Llanishen, 2015: Ref. No. APAC_012
  • The Laurels, West End, Undy, 2016: Ref. No. APAC_013
  • Ten Elms Farm, Caerwent, 2016: Ref. No. APAC_014
  • St Illtyd’s Church Cefnpennar, Mountain Ash, 2016-2017: Ref. No. APAC_015
  • St Alban’s, 92 St Mellons Rd, Marshfield, 2015-2016: Ref. No. APAC_016
  • Myrtle Cottage, Caerwent, 2015-2016: Ref. No. APAC_017
  • Public Toilets, Tintern, 2015: Ref. No. APAC_018
  • Llys Pentwyn Uchaf Farm, Oakdale, Blackwood 2015: Ref. No. APAC_019
  • Hafodarthen Farm, St Illtyd, 2016: Ref. No. APAC_020
  • Old Shop Cottage, Llanishen, 2015: Ref. No. APAC_021
  • Coach and Horses Car Park, Caerwent, 2015: Ref. No. APAC_022
  • Coach and Horses Stable, Caerwent, 2016: Ref. No. APAC_023

 

Cadw Scheduling Maps: Ref. No. CSM

  • Collection of hardback folders containing Ordnance Survey Second Edition 6″ County Series maps, annotated by the Inspectorate with original legal depictions of scheduled areas
    Covering dates: 1906-2000

 

Gwynedd Archaeological Trust Projects Archive: Ref. No. GATP
Digital archive records relating to archaeological projects at:

  • London Road, Holyhead, 2017: Ref. No. GATP033
  • Gate Farm, Bodedern, 2017: Ref. No. GATP 034
  • Llyn Conwy Water Treatment Works, 2011-2013: Ref. No. GATP 035
  • Fairbourne Flood Defences Renewal, Fairbourne, Gwynedd, 2017: Ref. No. GATP 036
  • Proposed Flood Alleviation Scheme, Beaumaris 2014: Ref. No. GATP 037
  • Esgyryn Site, Llandudno Junction, 2017: Ref. No. GATP 038
  • Pentraeth, Abersoch, 2014: Ref. No. GATP 039
  • Land off Narrow lane, Llandudno Junction, 2016: Ref. No. GATP 040
  • Llanbedr Flood Risk Management Scheme, Llanbedr, Denbighshire, 2017: Ref. No. GATP 041
  • Dyserth Flood Risk Management Scheme, Dyserth, Denbighshire, 2017: Ref. No. GATP 042
  • Land to the north of Sychnant Pass Road, Conwy, 2017: Ref. No. GATP 043
  • Glan Yr Afon. Llangernyw, 2017: Ref. No. GATP 044
  • Dolydd y Ffor, 2017: Ref. No. GATP 045
  • Holyhead to Cwm Reservoir, c.2017: Ref. No. GATP 046
  • Morfa Friog Embankment, Fairbourne, 2014: Ref. No. GATP 047
  • Castle Street, Rhuddlan, 2016: Ref. No. GATP 048
  • Market Street, Holyhead, 2015: Ref. No. GATP 049
  • Town Wall, Conwy, 2015: Ref. No. GATP 050

 

Heritage Recording Services Wales Project Archives: Ref. No, HRS002

  • Report and digital files relating to a standing building investigation and recording, and watching brief, carried out at The Tudor Mansion, Neath Abbey, Neath, Swansea, Glamorgan
    Covering dates: 2017

 

Tor Glas Trackway NPRN 24651 BBE2008_460 C.854491

Tor Glas Trackway.
NPRN 24651 BBE2008_460 C.854491

 

RCAHMW Uplands Initiatives
Digital data relating to Upland Surveys of:

 

R.E. Kay Collection: Ref. No. REK

  • Digital copies (.tiff format) of R.E. Kay Notebook Series 1 – 3, and miscellaneous material within these particular books
    Covering dates: 1936-1990

 

Discoed Church NPRN: 419446 REK/04/08/99 DI2013_0830 C.577933

Discoed Church.
NPRN: 419446 REK/04/08/99 DI2013_0830 C.577933

 

Books

  • Arnold, George M. 1894. Filborough Farmhouse, East Chalk, Gravesend. Reprinted from “Archaeologia Cantiana”.  Kent: Kent Archaeological Society.
  • Brakspear, Harold ; Rollason, A. A. [Unknown Date of Publication- possibly 1930] Official Guide to Dudley Castle. Dudley: E. Blocksidge (Dudley) Ltd.
  • Cadw: Welsh Historic Monuments. 2000. St Quentin’s Castle, Llanblethian. Cardiff: Cadw: Welsh Historic Monuments.
  • English Life Publications. [Unknown Date of Publication.] Dunster Castle: An Illustrated Survey of the Historic Somerset House of the Luttrell Family. Derby: English Life Publications.
  • English Life Publications. c1977. Alnwick Castle: home of the Duke of Northumberland. Derby: English Life Publications.
  • Freeman, Winefride Alice, Lady. Arundel castle. [Arundel?]: [195-].
  • Hogg, A.H.A. 1932. Tonge Castle. London[?]: Archaeologica Cantiana.
  • Kent, J. P. C. 1968. Excavations at the Motte and Bailey Castle of South Mimms, Herts., 1960-1967. Unknown Place of Publication, possibly Barnet: Unknown publisher, possibly Barnet & District Local History Society.
  • Leveson-Gower, Granville. 1895. Notes on Three Ancient Houses in the Parish of Cowden ; Reprinted from Archaeologia Cantiana. Kent: Kent Archaeological Society.
  • Lloyd, J.D.K. 1975. The robber’s grave in Montgomery churchyard. [Shrewsbury?]: Livesey Ltd.
  • Mason, R. T.; Wood, R. H. 1968. Winkhurst Farm, Bough Beech ; Reprinted from “Archaeologia Cantiana”, Vol. LXXXIII, 1968. Kent: Kent Archaeological Society.
  • Ocock, M. A. 1977. St. Cuthbert’s Cottage, Barming ; Reprinted from “Archaeologia Cantiana”, Vol. XCIII, 1977. Kent: Kent Archaeological Society.
  • O’Neil, B., H., St., J. 1961. Dartmouth Castle: Devonshire. [Unknown Place of Publication]: Her Majesty’s Stationary Office.
  • Parkin, E. W. 1962. The Vanishing Houses of Kent: 1. Durlock Grange, Minster-in-Thanet ; Reprinted from “Archaeologia Cantiana”, Vol. LXXVII, 1962. Kent: Kent Archaeological Society.
  • Parkin, E. W. 1963. The Vanishing Houses of Kent: 3. Leeds Priory Gate House ; Reprinted from “Archaeolgia Cantiana”, Vol. LXXVIII, 1963. Kent: Kent Archaeological Society.
  • Parkin, E. W. 1964. The Vanishing Houses of Kent: 4. Bridge Farm, Bridge ; Reprinted from “Archaeologia Cantiana”, Vol. LXXIX, 1964. Kent: Kent Archaeological Society.
  • Parkin, E. W. 1965. The Vanishing Houses of Kent. 5. The Old Vicarage, Maidstone ; Reprinted from “Archaeologia Cantiana”, Vol. LXXX, 1965. Kent: Kent Archaeological Society.
  • Parkin, E. W. 1966. The Vanishing Houses of Kent. 6. The Old Cottage at Upper Hardres; Reprinted from “Archaeologia Cantiana”, Vol. LXXXI, 1966. Kent: Kent Archaeological Society.
  • Parkin, E. W. 1967. The Vanishing Houses of Kent. 7. Harringe Court, Sellindge ; Reprinted from “Archaeologia Cantiana”, Vol. LXXXII, 1967. Kent: Kent Archaeological Society.
  • Parkin, E. W. 1968. The Vanishing Houses of Kent. 8. Lake House, Eastwell ; Reprinted from “Archaeologia Cantiana”, Vol. LXXXIII, 1968. Kent: Kent Archaeological Society.
  • Parkin, E. W. 1969. The Old Rectory of St. Alphege, Canterbury. Reprinted from “Archaeologia Cantiana”, Vol. LXXXIV, 1969. Kent: Kent Archaeological Society.
  • Parkin E. W. 1971. Cobb’s Hall, Aldington, and the Holy Maid of Kent ; Reprinted from “Archaeologia Cantiana”, Vol. LXXXV, 1971. Kent: Kent Archaeological Society.
  • Parkin, E. W. 1970. Cogan House, St. Peters Canterbury ; Reprinted from “Archaeologia Cantiana”, Vol. LXXXV, 1970. Kent: Kent Archaeological Society.
  • Parkin, E. W. 1972. No.17 Palace Street, Canterbury ; Reprinted from “Archaeologia Cantiana”, Vol. LXXXVII, 1972. Kent: Kent Archaeological Society.
  • Parkin, E. W. 1973. The Ancient Buildings of New Romney ; Reprinted from “Archaeologia Cantiana”, Vol. LXXXVIII, 1973. Kent: Kent Archaeological Society.
  • Parkin, E. W. 1976. The Old Chantry House, Bredgar ; Reprinted from “Archaeologia Cantiana”, Vol. XCI, 1976. Kent: Kent Archaeological Society.
  • Parkin, E. W. 1977. Ratling Court, Aylesham ; Reprinted from “Archaeologia Cantiana”, Vol. XCII, 1977. Kent: Kent Archaeological Society.
  • Parkin, E. W. 1977. Wingham, A Medieval Town; Reprinted from “Archaeologia Cantiana”, Vol. XCIII, 1977. Kent: Kent Archaeological Society.
  • Parkin, E. W. 1979. The Old Canonry and Canon Cottage, Wingham. ; Reprinted from “Archaeologia Cantiana”, Vol. XCV, 1979. Kent: Kent Archaeological Society.
  • Parkin, E. W. 1982. The Old Court Hall, Lydd ; Offprint  from “Archaeologia Cantiana”, Vol. XCVIII, 1982. Kent: Kent Archaeological Society.
  • Percy, Hugh Algernon, Duke of Northumberland. 195-. Guide-book to Alnwick castle. Alnwick[England]: Printed by H. C. Coates & Sons for the Duke of Northumberland.
  • Radford, C.A. Ralegh. 1956. Dolwyddelan Castle: Caernarvonshire. London: Her Majesty’s Stationary office.
  • Radford, C.A. Ralegh. 1959. Skenfrith Castle , Monmouthshire. London: H.M.S.O.
  • Radford, C.A. Ralegh. 1959. Tretower Castle: Breconshire. London: Her Majesty’s Stationary office.
  • Radford, C.A. Ralegh. 1962. Dolbadarn Castle: Caernarvonshire. London: Her Majesty’s Stationary office.
  • Renn, Derek. 1982. Tonbridge and Some Other Gatehouses. Maidstone: Unknown publisher: Possibly Kent Archaeological Society. Offprint from Collectanea Historica: Essays in Memory of Stuart Rigold.
  • Rigold, S.E. 1962. Totnes castle. London: H.M.S.O.
  • Rigold, S. E. 1962. Excavation of a Moated Site at Pivington ; Reprinted from “Archaeologia Cantiana”, Vol. LXXVII, 1962. Kent: Kent Archaeological Society.
  • Rigold, S. E. 1964. Two Kentish Hospitals Re-examined: S. Mary, Ospringe, and SS. Stephen and Thomas, New Romney ; Reprinted from “Archaeologia Cantiana”, Vol. LXXIX, 1964. Kent: Kent Archaeological Society.
  • Rix, M. M; Dunning, G. C. 1955. Excavation of a Medieval Garderobe in Snargate Street, Dover, in 1945 ; Reprinted from “Archaeologica Cantiana”, Vol. LXIX, 1955. Kent: Kent Archaeological Society.
  • Rolt, Lionel, Thomas, Caswall. 2014 [7th publication (70th anniversary edition)]. Narrow Boat. Stroud: The History Press.
  • Rudling, David. 1998. Sussex Archaeological Collections: The development of Roman villas in Sussex.  Lewes: Sussex Archaeological Society.
  • Somerville, Robert, Sir. 1968. Guide to Tutbury castle. [London?]: Duchy of Lancaster Office.
  • Sparks, M. J; Parkin, E. W. 1974. ‘The Deanery’, Chartham ; Reprinted from “Archaeologia Cantiana”, Vol. LXXXIX, 1974. Kent: Kent Archaeological Society.
  • Swain, E. R. 1964. A Hall-House at Upper Bush ; Reprinted from “Archaeologia Cantiana”, Vol. LXXIX, 1964. Kent: Kent Archaeological Society.
  • Swain, Eric. R. 1966. Starkey Castle, Wouldham. Reprinted from “Archaeologia Cantiana”, Vol. LXXXI, 1966. Kent: Kent Archaeological Society.
  • Webster, Graham. 1962. The Defences of Viroconium (Wroxeter). Birmingham: Birmingham Archaeological Society.
  • Welshpool Borough Council. [196-]. Welshpool: a gateway to Wales. Official guide. Welshpool: David Rowlands Ltd., The County Times Press.
  • Wood, Henry. 1971. Guide to Tamworth Castle. [Unknown Place of Publication- possibly Tamworth]: Tamworth Corporation.

 

Journals

  • Below No.3 (Autumn 2017)
  • C20 Magazine of the Twentieth Century Society No. 2 (2017)
  • The Cartographic Journal Vol.54 No.3 (Aug 2017)
  • Casemate No.110 (Sep 2017)
  • Current Archaeology No.332 (Nov 2017)
  • Current Archaeology No.333 (Dec 2017)
  • Domestic Buildings Research Group Surrey Newsletter No.137 (Oct 2017)
  • Etifeddiaeth y Cymry No.65 (Oct 2017)
  • Gower Society Journal Vol.68 (2017)
  • Heritage in Wales no.65 (Autumn 2017)
  • Panel for Historical Engineering works Newsletter No.155 (Sep 2017)
  • The Journal of the Pembrokeshire Historical Society No.26 (2017)
  • PenCambria No.36 (Winter 2017)
  • Planet No.228 (Winter 2017)
  • Railway and Canal Historical Society Bulletin No.470 (Nov/Dec 2017)
  • Railway and Canal Historical Society Journal No.230 (Nov 2017)
  • The Victorian No. 56 (Nov 2017)
  • Tools and Trades History Society Newsletter 138 (Michaelmas 2017)

Journals: Current Awareness

  • Current Archaeology No.332 (Nov 2017) P.18-26 – Exploring a Neolithic neighbourhood at Llanfaethlu
  • Panel for Historical Engineering works Newsletter No.155 (Sep 2017) P.3 – Llantysillio Chainbridge
  • The Victorian No. 56 (Nov 2017) P.12 – Top Ten Endangered Buildings 2017 – Buckley’s Brewery Maltings, Llanelli, Carmarthenshire and P.21 – Casework – Plas Glyn y Weddw, Llanbedrog, Gwynedd and Capel Isa, Llithfaen, Gwynedd.

 

Contact us

If you have any comments or enquiries, please feel free to contact us:

NMRW Library and Enquiries Service
Royal Commission on the Ancient and Historical Monuments of Wales
Penglais Road
Aberystwyth
Ceredigion SY23 3BU

Telephone: +44 (0)1970 621200
Fax: +44 (0)1970 627701
Email: nmr.wales@rcahmw.gov.uk
Website: rcahmw.gov.uk

Croesewir gohebiaeth yn y Gymraeg a’r Saesneg | Correspondence welcomed in Welsh and English

 

December 4, 2017

Leave a Reply

Be the First to Comment!

avatar
wpDiscuz

STAY UP TO DATE WITH HERITAGE NEWS IN WALES

Join the e-mailing list to receive regular updates.. It's free!

Latest tweets