Royal Commission Archive & Library Bulletin of Newly Catalogued Material – October 2022
Welcome to the latest monthly edition of the National Monuments Record of Wales (NMRW) Archives and Library Bulletin which lists all newly catalogued material. The archival items, library books and journal articles are all available to view in our public reading room. The full archive catalogue is available on Coflein and contains digital copies of many of the items listed. All publications may be found on our online Library Catalogue.
Our Library and reading room is open:
We are open Monday, Tuesday and Thursday 9:30 – 16:00, Wednesday 10:30-16:30
An appointment is advisable.
Archive items have been added to the following collections in the past month:
- GATP – Gwynedd Archaeological Trust Projects Archive
- ERC – Emergency Recording Collection
- RSA – Richard Suggett Archive
- General Digital Donations Collection
- Investigators Digital Photography
- Investigators’ UAV Survey
Many of these items are hard copy, including large scale plans; photographs and reports, and are available to view in our searchroom in Aberystwyth; others are digital and can be viewed on our online catalogue Coflein.
Now catalogued and available on Coflein:
Digital colour photograph showing the Empire Picture House, Caernarfon, from the south-west, taken on 7 May 2019. Ref: DS2022_058_003.
Digital colour photograph showing Craiglas Lime Kiln 4, part of a survey of Craiglas Limekilns undertaken in September 2022. The group of four well-preserved limekilns are situated close to the shoreline between Llanon and Llanrystud in Ceredigion. Ref: DS2022_193_019.
Digital colour photograph showing detail of slate mural at Caernarfonshire Technical College, taken in 7 May 2019 prior to the demolition of the building later that year. Ref: DS2022_055_008.
Digital colour photograph showing the statue of Guto Nyth Brân, Mountain Ash, taken 18 March, 2022. Ref: DS2022_145_037.
Digital copy of Cadw guardianship monument drawing of Barclodiad y Gawres Round Barrow. Plan of excavation, 1954. Cadw Ref No: 771//14C. Scale 1:120.
All our books and journals can be found on the Royal Commission’s Library Catalogue and viewed in our Library and Search Room.
- Humphreys, Melvin. 2022. Plas Newydd and the Manor of Talerddig. Welshpool: Welshpool Printing Company.
- Antiquity Volume 96 (Number 389, October 2022).
- Architects’ Journal Volume 249 (Part 10, October 2022).
- Architects’ Journal: Specification (October 2022).
- British Archaeology Volume 187 (November/December 2022).
- Current Archaeology Volume 392 (November 2022).
- Current World Archaeology Volume 115 (October/November 2022).
- Essex Historic Buildings Group Newsletter Volume 07 (October 2022).
- Journal of the Merioneth Historical and Record Society Volume 19 (Part 1, 2022).
- Regional Furniture Society Newsletter Volume 77 (Autumn 2022).
- S.O.S.: The Newsletter of the Friends of the Newport Ship Volume 30 (October 2022).
- Tudor Places Volume 1 (2022).
Journals: Current Awareness
- Antiquity Volume 96 (Number 389, October 2022) p.1179-1199 New integrated molecular approaches for investigating lake settlements in north-western Europe, Anthony Brown et al.
If you have any comments or enquiries, please feel free to contact us:
NMRW Library and Enquiries Service
Royal Commission on the Ancient and Historical Monuments of Wales
Ceredigion SY23 3BU
Croesewir gohebiaeth yn y Gymraeg a’r Saesneg | Correspondence welcomed in Welsh and English