Royal Commission Archive & Library Bulletin of Newly Catalogued Material – September 2022
Welcome to the latest monthly edition of the National Monuments Record of Wales (NMRW) Archives and Library Bulletin which lists all newly catalogued material. The archival items, library books and journal articles are all available to view in our public reading room. The full archive catalogue is available on Coflein and contains digital copies of many of the items listed. All publications may be found on our online Library Catalogue.
Our Library and reading room is open:
We are open Monday, Tuesday and Thursday 9:30 – 16:00, Wednesday 10:30-16:30
An appointment is advisable.
Archive items have been added to the following collections in the past month:
- Investigators Digital Photography
- General Digital Donations Collection
- FREA – Ffynnon Rufeinig Excavation Archive
- Aeon Archaeology Projects
- Investigators’ UAV Survey
- CPATP – Clwyd-Powys Archaeological Trust Project Archives
- RCAHMW Colour Oblique Digital Aerial Photographs
- RSA – Richard Suggett Archive
- GATP – Gwynedd Archaeological Trust Projects Archive
- CHERISH Project Archive
Many of these items are hard copy, including large scale plans, photographs and reports, and are available to view in our searchroom in Aberystwyth; others are digital and can be viewed on our online catalogue Coflein.
Now catalogued and available on Coflein:
All our books and journals can be found on the Royal Commission’s Library Catalogue and viewed in our Library and Search Room.
- Morgan, Richard. 2022. Place-names of Carmarthenshire. Cardiff: Welsh Academic Press.
- Architects’ Journal Volume 249(Part 09, 22/09/2022).
- Architects’ Journal Specification Volume September (2022).
- Buildings & Landscapes: The Journal of the Vernacular Architecture Forum Volume 29 (Spring 2022).
- Casemate Volume 125 (September 2022).
- Current Archaeology Volume 390 (September 2022).
- Current World Archaeology Volume 114 (August/September 2022).
- Proceedings of the Cambridge Antiquarian Society Volumes 109-111 (2020-2022).
- Railway and Canal Historical Society Bulletin Volume 499 (September 2022).
- Talyllyn News Volume 275 (September 2022.)
Journals: Current Awareness
- Current Archaeology Volume 390 (September 2022) p.40-49 ‘Designed to enchant: the great dolmens of Neolithic northern Europe’ Chris Catling; p.66 The Offa’s Dyke Association.
- Current Archaeology Volume 391 (October 2022) p.8 Cardiff’s oldest house?; p.9 Excavating Dinas Dinlle before it falls into the sea; p.13 Rock chrystal commemorations in the Neolithic
If you have any comments or enquiries, please feel free to contact us:
NMRW Library and Enquiries Service
Royal Commission on the Ancient and Historical Monuments of Wales
Ceredigion SY23 3BU
Telephone: +44 (0)1970 621200
Croesewir gohebiaeth yn y Gymraeg a’r Saesneg | Correspondence welcomed in Welsh and English